February 25, 2010

Matt Dallos


Matt Dallos, Park Forest Village.

I thought it would be a good thing to post about one of my inspirations for the project I am doing right now. This way you can explore more of his photos and read his statement again.



But pause and give each word meaning: Park. Forest. Village. Each holds a specific view of our culture's definition of nature. Mashed together it reveals one of our problems: we want it all.




I did some research on De Pere and I didn't find as strong of a connection, but I am still in the process, and I think I am uncovering what I was meant to. I went into this project with one thing on my mind "Shoot the houses that interest you". I thought by starting out with something simple I could grow more, and that's exactly what happened. Shooting for this series has been so different than my other projects. I am a very emotionally charged person, so it was different going into it a different way. While I can associate certain emotions with my images now, I can also remove myself from having those emotions. I realized this during critique this morning, hearing what others felt from my compositions that I didn't notice. I left critique with a lot of possibilities, yay!

Jacki mentioned in one of her previous posts not to settle, and while I have chosen to pursue this longer, I have this weird floaty feeling where I haven't really put my foot down on my ideas. It feels really odd, because I usually do that, but I can breathe more just having the option to go anywhere I want to go with this. It's a different feeling, but a good different. So Jacki, I appreciate your thoughts on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment