February 17, 2010

...



This is what I have created...Shane and I have talked about how I need to have a camera around my neck at all times, and capture all those moments that are emotionally meaningful to me. Again, I really don't know what I am shooting. I just am going to start shooting everything, literally. I can imagine that is the only thing that is going to spark imagination in me. I am fascinated by hands and what they do, and the creation they allow. There is such a loving tender things about hands, but also something super destructive. These are two opposite things, yet brought about by the same thing. Something odd to think about it.

I stop myself from pursuing what could be something great, because I become fixated by ideas, and what I want to create. What I see in my head...Not allowing myself to open my eyes to EVERYTHING around me that could allow me to be great. I believe that people are restricted by wanting something specific, and not allowing to see all of the things that surround us. We could all be artists if we could see what surrounds us everyday. I wasn't looking for anything last semester, and I got something that I am so proud of. This semester it hasn't come yet...and I think thats what frusterates me. I know it shouldn't, but it does... I need to open up my eyes and just see what is presented to me. Allow myself to listen...Allow myself to just be.... We are all type A personality, because we think we know what we want...We don't...Most of the time what we want doesn't work, and from that we find what does... Why do still try to control, even though our control proves us wrong mostly everytime. I am trying everything...and this is a start. I also have an underwater disposable camera that I am going to try. Everything...something will come...I just need to be open, and shoot. I know this...It will only come if I have the motivation and face my fear of making mistakes. That is the start to whatever will come, and I am going to do my best to listen...to my classmates, to my teacher, and to my camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment