April 5, 2010

Evi Lemberger


Thanks to Shane's last post about "The Photography Post" I fell in love with Evi Lemberger. As I looked at her photographs they reminded me of Laura Letinsky (I know I talk about her a lot) but this one in particular..



The meat that's hanging makes me squirm, but I am amazed by all of the color that this space is composed of. In previous posts we had talked about the difference between art and documenting spaces. Lemberger does photograph many spaces and I don't know if they are as interesting to others, but I am so excited by these images with the colors, movement, composition and emotive qualities that I get by looking at each image closely.




The way that these images captivate me strengthens my opinion in what I believe art is. I don't think I could argue with anyone what is and is not art... even Richard Prince.

1 comments:

Mary Catherine | April 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I would love to see you work with stuff like this, Monica! I think this is a great way to portray your idea of deadpan. I think even with your poo idea. I totally think you should show those at some point. I would really like to see and hear what you were thinking when you shot them. I think this post really goes to show what you would really like to shoot. You have always talked about shooting stuff in a similar way. I am glad you found this artist, because I think it could really help you to see what is in your realm of possibility. Can't wait to see what you're working on, on Thursday!

Post a Comment